Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The end of trail.... rest in peace Hank... you will be forever remembered.




Made it to snake lake, it was dry!!! Spent the night got up the next morning and rode to Marsland turnoff. A good friend Steve Klases (in picture along with Kathy) picked me up and brought me to his ranch. I stayed there two days. Borrowed his truck to look for campsites, found a nice campsite in Crawford kept going and found my next site off Toadstool rode, Ardmore was the next campsite (it was the only water with 20 miles). Went back to Steves after I had planned out all my sites. Needed some rest.

After a couple days rest Steve hauled me back out to highway and I rode 17 miles to Pine Ridge and made it to Crawford got there about 10:30 and set camp up.

I was relaxing a bit and making a few phone calls and got some bad news. Found out that a good friend of mine took his life. This really took the air out of my sail. With this news, I made the decision to end my ride.
A friend came and picked me up and I dropped all the horses back off. The last couple days I have just regrouped and mourned the loss of this great cowboy. I am thankful to have many wonderful memories.


I am going to leave the website open until September but will not be posting anything.

I thank everyone for their support. Thanks to all that tracked me, donated and helped me along the way. The money will be going to St Judes Research Center in Memphis Tennessee.

Happy trails to you all..... Ross


4 comments:

  1. Condolences my freind. I wish you a safe trip back home. Give me a call when you get around to it. I am looking forward to working with you again soon. I will have a drink for you and your freind Hank. Godspeed Cowboy...

    Jim Crowe

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for your loss, ross. i am a friend of Lee, and wanted to thank you for your ride and donation to St. Jude's. my 7 year old great-nephew, nicholas, is at St. Jude's receiving treatment for an inoperable brain tumor on his brainstem. St. Jude's is a wonderful, loving, nurturing place. Nicholas has received many treatments and has been sent home with his parents with the report that the tumor has shrunk in size. we are grateful to God, and grateful to you, ross. happy trails, and God speed :)
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad you couldn't have stuck it out & actually made it to Mexico like you originally advertised! You would have made tons more money to help out a good organization!!
    Maybe next time you can actually make it all the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone, i'm Linda Harry from United State i was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease  for over 6 years which made me loose my job and my relationship with my Fiance after he discovered that i was having Parkinson, he departed from me, and i tried all my best to make him stays, but he neglected me until a friend of mine  from UK told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing herbal medicine. then he  sent me his email address to contact him- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can be solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust on him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he instructed me to do. And surprisingly after two weeks, He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( PARKINSON NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, dr imoloa also uses his powerful herbal medicine to cure the following diseases:  lupus disease,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,   back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,   Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,   Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,     Cystic Fibrosis,   Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease,  impotence,  feta alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer. contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and also on whatssap- +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete